Thursday, May 21, 2009

locomotion

This is Grace again on Dave's behalf... it's easier for us to call him on a pay phone than for him to get the same information across on minimal internet access.

It has been a very different week from the last. Sunday I went to an Alliance Church... not necessarily associated with C & MA, but called "Alliance church". Afterward the Pastor invited me to his home in the village, it was really nice. We had lunch together, the church sevice was very different then I'm used to, everyone danced. Yep, EVERYONE - locomotion style through the entire building !

The week has been a little less interesting, because I have been sat in meetings most of the time. I am in a bit of an awkward position, I'm here longer than short termers who they normally send on work projects to various villages. But here a shorter time than long termers, so is it worthwhile to have me lead a project I would only be here 2 months for?

You could pray that God shows me clearly a defined role... just the right fit... God's fit.
Right now, it's a time of transition for most of the workers here. My roommate, an English guy who is very much like my cousin Dave, will be leaving for Mozambique. I'll miss him, he's been a great roommate and friend. A lot of the people I have gotten to know so far will be leaving within the next week or two, it feels like I'll be starting fresh trying to get to know people.

Tomorrow morning I will be going on some Home care visits, and there is a possibility that in the afternoon I will be visiting a large AIDS clinic nearby. So I may have a lot more to report in the next little while. Much more interesting than reporting about meetings anyway.
Until then...

1 comment:

  1. Until then - enjoy knowing He does all things well!!

    ReplyDelete